IP address display

Guest scatrbrain

Guest scatrbrain

Well this effort is probably futile but ill try anyway ha ha.. On some of your posts you have a way of displaying my IP address... I have researched this and found a couple ways of doing it, mostly with only netscape and java script, another way i found was using SSI but the only code I can find is to be used when your visitors are submitting a form..I just simply need to display this information JUST like you guys do.. this would be very handy for me to use on my cam website to try to scare the pervs and the pedophiles away by showing there IP address BEFORE They send me there sick messages regarding my kids.... Yes i know.. just turn the **** cam off... .but i been doing it for 5 years and I dont want to give it up yet but I guess I will if worse comes to worse... anyway any help would be appreciated.. If you dont want to post the info in the forum send me a pm or mail me at the address i have registered at TestMy.net or contact me at [email protected]

I have this as my 404 error page...

[code:1]The page that you requested (

<!--#echo var="REQUEST_URI" -->) isn't here.

Your IP Address is:<!--#echo var="REMOTE_ADDR" -->

Your Browser Version is:<!--#echo var="HTTP_USER_AGENT" -->

This Site is:<!--#echo var="HTTP_HOST" -->

<!--

-->

[/code:1]

That outputs all of that info. It is an shtml file, which I know little about. I would guess that there is pre-processing server side that must be done.

To see how that comes out, just go to http://www.litelinux.net/faskdjl That page doesn't exist, and will bring up the 404 error page.

I would imagine that you could use the IP Adress directive to get the info you need. This would display... not log. You should probably still have a firewall doing logging.

Guest scatrbrain

hey guys, I belive all i have is PHP and CGI at IXwebhosting, i know very little about both... looks like this might be a bit over my head hu? I just havent had a use for these in the past but I would probably understand it with some explination. Thanks for you replies!!

:D

I was just about to post saying that looking up the hostname would be better, as it would show those that would try to access your web cam, that they can be tracked better. I know that if I was just some web browser, I would be more concious of where I went if it said blah.city.isp.tld rather than just the four octets of the IP address...

I found this in the mean time though: http://www.phpaddict.com/forum3/191.html

A working example of this is here

I would imagine that you could put in a frame to run this, or just insert it into an already PHP page.

Edit: if you look at the source for the two PHP scripts that I have posted, you can pretty easily figure out the required directives, and write up your own combination for a page displaying that infomation.