AGP question

raptors892004

I have the RADEON 7000 series video card (pretty old, I know but please no suggestions about what new cards to buy :D).. I cannot enable AGP for it however.. It is plugged in my AGP port I believe and I am pretty sure it is plugged in correctly because I had it assembled by the store where I bought it from :). I've updated to the latest BIOS version for my motherboard, but no option is available to turn on AGP or to specify the AGP acceleration number (2x/4x - mine goes up to 4x only :().. Is there any other way to do it or a tutorial for the ASUS P4P800-X motherboard? Thanks for any replies in advance :)

I have the RADEON 7000 series video card (pretty old, I know but please no suggestions about what new cards to buy :D).. I cannot enable AGP for it however.. It is plugged in my AGP port I believe and I am pretty sure it is plugged in correctly because I had it assembled by the store where I bought it from :). I've updated to the latest BIOS version for my motherboard, but no option is available to turn on AGP or to specify the AGP acceleration number (2x/4x - mine goes up to 4x only :().. Is there any other way to do it or a tutorial for the ASUS P4P800-X motherboard? Thanks for any replies in advance :)

it might do it automatically some mobo's set it to what ever the card can handel. if it boots and works fine leave it alone..

but hay you shoud go out and buy this great 6600gt from BFG tech.  :haha: :haha: :haha: just kidding