xp is loosing my desktop??

Guest helloimtim

Guest helloimtim

Strange problem. Running xp with service pack 2.  Every once in awhile all the stuff I had on my desktop, shortcut to files and such just up and disapear?  Also my browser favorites are gone as well. Anyone every seen this problem? Thanks in advance. Oh Before I forget The files are still on the computer. Just the shortcuts I had on my computer are gone. Strange huh? Thanks in advance...........

Phew... Are you certain it is happening about every 60 days or something?

Because then all you have to do is to right click in your desktop, go to "screen configuration" then to "Desktop" and then "Adjust desktop" and check off the "wizard clear/clean desktop every 60 days".

Because to me it appears that you have that wizard running.

As far as the browser favorites:

Right click on Internet Explorer, select Properties (Internet Properties window opens), goto the Advanced tab, and under the Browser section uncheck the box titled "Enable Personalized Favorites Menu"

Alternately, you can get to the Internet Properties window through Control Panel and double click the Internet Options icon. This is if Classic View is enabled.

If you have Category View enabled in Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Internet Options at the bottom.

This is normally the reason why you're not seeing you Browser Favorites. That's if they're not gone, but just hidden. If the actual favorites are deleted off of the system, this may not be the fix you're looking for.

Let us know. :)

Guest helloimtim

Thanks dirk. I really had no clue that "wizzard" for the desktop thing was even there. Learn something new every day. No offense but had a bit of problems finding it. Right click on the desktop. Go to properties, Go to desktop. Then click on customize desktop. The way you described was a bit confusing. Thanks again!!!!!!!