tracking or locating GPS phones?

GIXXERGUY6

I know my motorola v710 has GPS on it for 911 and for location, as well as my parents samsung through sprint, mine is through verizon.

but is there a way you can track say, my cell phone to see where I am at?

what about the nextel's and such.

I was just wondering cuz it would be cool to do such a thing.

and if so how do you do it? with what programs, and what do you use for identification?

later guys

• 1 month later...

i know someone that got a teenager a cellphone for Christmas...of course she was thrilled...what she doesn't yet know is that the phone is set up with gps...they pay extra for this but they know where she is at all times...sneaky huh?...but great idea i think...

it's for her safety...she's not the type to get in trouble ...but for teenagers that tend to lie about where they are going this would be a great tool to keep them in line...much better than making a dozen phone calls to track them down...wish i'd of had technology like this when my kids were going thru those harrowing years...

so the answer to your question is yes the technology is out there...who provides it...i'm not sure...i'll ask them next time i see them tho...and post it