Vannnnnnnburen =(

xs1

Iv got this strange problem, with either my router or modem that is drivin meh cahrazy.

When using DC++ , and i enter a hub with 1200 or more users, my internet like ....crashes. aol instant messenger disconnects from the net then gets "banned" for 10 min utes for "trying to reconnect to quickly" ( O_o) all my connections to other hubs drop , and when i finaly DO connect to the hub and try to connect with someone, somtimes 10 or 20 peeps at a time, io cannot connect to ANYONE. Then after a while of trying to connect to someone i try to post in mainchat, just to see if im REALY Connected to the hub, and my posts dont go thru at all, followed by "connection reset by server".

This problem is only when connecting to hubs with more then 1200 users. Last night i maintained a connection with a server with 1578 users, but could barely connect with anybody. Closed that hub, connected to another one with a little over 2000 people, and bam. AIM disconnected from the internet and couldnt re-sign on, my other hubs "conection reset by server" etc.

I noticed, by doing a unlimited tracert to my ISP while connecting to these LARGE hubs, that my ping spikes massively. It goes from about a normal rate , to mid dialup rates. Somethign along the lines of

[ 26 , 27 , 26, 27 , 28 , 158 , 26, 27 ,380 , 27 , 26 , 400, 158, 28, 46, 283 ]

Any idea what it may be?

For me and dj , 45 sems to work best. It was set on 128 , which was much too high :s

Dj was on default

went from Download Speed is:: 580 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 85 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 1.77 second(s)

TTL "45"

Download Speed is:: 645 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 94 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 1.59 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=DI4V2V35L

both using the 2996

TTL should not be a speedtweak

quote from www.dslnuts.com win xp/2k definitions

"DefaultTTL - Specifies the default Time To Live (TTL) value set in the header of outgoing IP packets. The TTL

determines the maximum amount of time an IP packet may live in the network without reaching its destination.

Value Type: REG_DWORD