DVD-ROM codec problem

netmasta

Ok here's the thing. I recently built a new computer and am having a problem playing back DVD's. The DVD's will only play back in Power DVD. Windows Media player and Interactual player give a copy protection error. They say I don't have a compatible/correct codec. The dvd's work fine in Power DVD.

I have a Lite-on SOHC-5236V with Power DVD 5 (bundle version) and the Nero OEM suite. Did I install something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

In addition to the very informative link that Swimmer posted, you can download and install Kazaa Lite Codec Pack. <---- This is the latest version.

It will contain everything that you need to play anything. Once it's installed, you can go into the folder within the Start Menu and configure everything the way you want it. Normally, it's fine by default. :)

Attached is a screenshot of the settings that I use, and I don't have a problem playing music/video of any kind.