I Love my new Optimum Online boost

makish

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 28723 Kbps about 28.72 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 3506 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/04/26 - 3:54pm

Bottom Line:: 501X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.29 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 3.468 seconds to complete

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; acc=; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 253.3 % faster than the average for host (optonline.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-N5S7FIKEA

i got the new optimum boost i just wanted to know if i should tweak my connection again seeing that i did it with my old speed.i used cablenut and TCP Optimizer before.My cap is 30mbpsdown and 2mbpsup          3RD POST WOOHOO

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 33204 Kbps about 33.2 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 4053 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/04/26 - 4:39pm

Bottom Line:: 579X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.25 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 3 seconds to complete

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.2) Gecko/20060308 Firefox/1.5.0.2

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 308.26 % faster than the average for host (optonline.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-Z3IQ74E8A

well i just had more time to tweak it ;)  its pretty good but most sites cant do the speeds so i was actually thinking about downgrading to the 15/2 again cause there is no point to having that speed unless you share it with a few people.  i would like more upload though and i am waiting for fios so i can get a business 5/5 plan. :)

try this setting and see what you get.  1 of my comps gets no packetloss with this setting but the other suffers alot from it so let me know what happens.  also save your old settings just incase those were better for you.

First, everybody has different experiences with their ISPs.  Some good, some bad.  Keep this in mind when reading my assessment below, and don't jump to any conclusions.

None of the ISPs here (TW, AT&T, Adelphia, etc) want to take a step and start offering at least 10/1 to everybody.  It has been rumored Comcast will be rolling out 16/1 soon in some places with FiOS competition...and nation-wide starting in the Summer.  Adelphia has upgraded 5 locations in So. Cal. to the "extreme" 16/2 tier.  4 of those locations are within 30 mins of me, and naturally I'd think my area would be upgraded soon since our speeds were upped in late March/early April '05 (I think).  However, there is no competition from the likes of Verizon here.  AT&T is my phone provider, but they can't even get DSL to half of the people in my city let a lone fiber or their lightspeed project.  So, looks as if I'll be on 6mbit/896kbit for a long time to come...and might be downgraded to 6/768 if/when TW takes over.  Not that 6/768 is bad, but it can get fairly busy with 3 moderate net users in one house on the pipe at the same time streaming movie trailers, music, uploading large pictures, etc.  I dunno how Adelphia's TV is, but EVERYBODY (friends, family, and neighbors) I know with Adelphia internet ops for Dish TV so that must say something (cheaper price can't be the only reason for going to a 2nd provider) about the content and quality provided.  I want this merger to pull through so that hopefully TW will take Adelphia's recent attempt to better their service further and perhaps offer an even better product.  Of course this (probably) won't happen since there isn't any competition, like the kind between Verizon and OOL on the East Coast, and many people here just do really give a sh*t what kind of product is being offered since they don't know of any better.  It's great VZ and OOL can pump out better services at lower prices (versus what most of the rest of the country can get), but I just wish (larger) ISPs here on the West Coast - and throughout the rest of the country - would do the same.  That's it.  Didn't mean to go this far...