Speed test scores

leoinnj

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 6115 Kbps about 6.1 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 746 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/10/26 - 10:27pm

Bottom Line:: 107X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.37 sec

Tested from a 5983 kB file and took 8.016 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Looks Great : 11.1 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-8PXFN5QOM

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 WebWasher 3.4 [!]

leoinnj

It just amazes me of all the different speed test sites out there.  I I have found that Speakeasy and Charters speed test to be more accurate.  Testmy used to be really good untill Ca3le had to reload the system at least for me anyway.  of course it all has to do with Ca3le Host provider and there equipment and all that geeky stuff that i wont go into detail since alot of people wouldnt understand unless that have actually built networks and servers.  It is very interesting from what i have been reading on the Net is that NDT Test servers are alot more accurate then other test servers since NDT's dont have all.  For instance i just ran 4 tests from a NDT Test server located in Madison Wisconsin which is only 1 state in the middle of where i live.  There server has a 100mb connection and these are my results:

TCP/Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool v5.3.3e

click START to begin

Preparing Speedtest . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Done

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 730.06Kb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 22.07Mb/s

Your speed is 401.34 times faster than 56Kb dialup

click START to re-test

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 730.78Kb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 22.10Mb/s

Your speed is 401.93 times faster than 56Kb dialup

click START to re-test

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 730.78Kb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 22.12Mb/s

Your speed is 402.28 times faster than 56Kb dialup

click START to re-test

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 729.98Kb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 20.04Mb/s

Your speed is 364.53 times faster than 56Kb dialup

Talk about being Pretty Accurate, Testmy cant even come close to push it my way but then i do live farther away from Texas then i do Wisconsin.  Speakeasy test site located in Chi. Always gives me around 14 to 18 Mb.  Of Course I wont be happy untill actually move files like i can on my Gigbit Network :-)  I know the ISP's have the compacity for it and i would even pay extra for it but of course it really doesnt matter if you have a really really fast connection on the net because it all has to do with there end servers and how much bandwidth there allocating to the Peers that are accessing there Website and what else they have to offer on there Servers.

But in the meantime i guess i could contradict myself and say for now i am happy with my service even though i pay extra for it since i am with the buisness class cable.  Just so i can use all those Static IP's and get alot better customer support and have priority access on the Web. :-)

I noticed most people on here that are downloading 4mb sec connection to show it off are most likely from there work and are to ashamed to show us there real scores from home or then again they probably dont even have a PC at home.  lol just kidding

Yes, I have to agree with you. I used to get very accurate readings on testmy now it seems my readings can range from 3-12  :shock: Seems like on speedtest.net and speakesy servers I get a VERY accurate reading.

It just amazes me of all the different speed test sites out there.  I I have found that Speakeasy and Charters speed test to be more accurate.  Testmy used to be really good untill Ca3le had to reload the system at least for me anyway.  of course it all has to do with Ca3le Host provider and there equipment and all that geeky stuff that i wont go into detail since alot of people wouldnt understand unless that have actually built networks and servers.  It is very interesting from what i have been reading on the Net is that NDT Test servers are alot more accurate then other test servers since NDT's dont have all.  For instance i just ran 4 tests from a NDT Test server located in Madison Wisconsin which is only 1 state in the middle of where i live.  There server has a 100mb connection and these are my results:

TCP/Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool v5.3.3e

click START to begin

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 730.06kB/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 22.07Mb/s

Your speed is 401.34 times faster than 56Kb dialup

click START to re-test

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 730.78kB/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 22.10Mb/s

Your speed is 401.93 times faster than 56Kb dialup

click START to re-test

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 730.78kB/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 22.12Mb/s

Your speed is 402.28 times faster than 56Kb dialup

click START to re-test

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 729.98kB/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 20.04Mb/s

Your speed is 364.53 times faster than 56Kb dialup

Talk about being Pretty Accurate, Testmy cant even come close to push it my way but then i do live farther away from Texas then i do Wisconsin.  Speakeasy test site located in Chi. Always gives me around 14 to 18 Mb.  Of Course I wont be happy untill actually move files like i can on my GiGBit Network :-)  I know the ISP's have the compacity for it and i would even pay extra for it but of course it really doesnt matter if you have a really really fast connection on the net because it all has to do with there end servers and how much bandwidth there allocating to the Peers that are accessing there Website and what else they have to offer on there Servers.

But in the meantime i guess i could contradict myself and say for now i am happy with my service even though i pay extra for it since i am with the buisness class cable.  Just so i can use all those Static IP's and get alot better customer support and have priority access on the Web. :-)

I noticed most people on here that are downloading 4mb sec connection to show it off are most likely from there work and are to ashamed to show us there real scores from home or then again they probably dont even have a PC at home.  lol just kidding