Jump to content
DragonKing27

0.29 Mbps speeds with Verizon DSL

Recommended Posts

Hello,

          This is my first post and I need help. I am running Verizon DSL. I was to be getting 768K and I'm running at 128K (according to infospeed.verizon.net). So I checked here and got this,

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 290 Kbps about 0.29 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 35 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 95 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 12 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/11/09 - 3:10pm

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-02EV7495X

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-THDI54OYA

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 [!]

No matter what I try, my speeds are slow to the point of ISDN or Dial-Up. The Download Test was the Dual Speed.

Please I need help. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

DragonKing27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well first off welcome to TMN DragonKing27!  :welcome::wave:

Have you tried tweaking yet? You can use one of two programs. TCP Optimizer or Cablenut.

TCP Optimizer- https://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Cablenut- http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-1013

I will attatch your cable nut setting all you have to do is go to www.cablenut.com and downlaod the program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You also might check here. A dirty machine can not run fast.  :wink2:

http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-4257

Also try a larger test file instead of the dual test. Since it is the 768 I would try the 1496 test file. It may actually give you faster speeds. I took the Dual test last night, and went from a 1800 kbps tested with the 2992 down to 1000 kbps  tested with a 1496. So direct testing works much better.  :grin2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you,

Recently in TCP Optimizer, I have discovered my Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) was at 200. I changed it to 1500. I used this program even before this post, and I didn't notice that. Also, it was at custom, and I changed it to optimal. Thanks TestMy.net!

Peace,

DragonKing27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...