AVG virus protection install

leoinnj

Will the newest version of AVG free install right over my present version and keep my present settings, or should I remove the older version first.

When installing a new program I close all windows, disable my firewall (Zone Alarm) and my virus protection. When ever possible, I disconnect my comcast connection. Is this the proper way to get a clean install?

Will the newest version of AVG free install right over my present version and keep my present settings, or should I remove the older version first.

When installing a new program I close all windows, disable my firewall (Zone Alarm) and my virus protection. When ever possible, I disconnect my comcast connection. Is this the proper way to get a clean install?

It is recommended that you close all other programs during a install but I wouldn't worry so much about your comcast connection. I would install the AVG and if you need to uninstall the previous version it will usually tell you. You probably dont need to unless you are going from a free version to a paid version or something like that. Welcome to the site, haven't seen you before. Hope you like it.  :hello: