Problems with new install of the 7000 modem

speedmeup2

Hughes sd this new modem would be so much greater than my old 4000 system, sd the tx part of the 4000 was bad, put in the new modem and I'm getting a lot of packet loss on tx, no they say the radio on my antenna is bad, guessing!! from India!!!!, do they know whats going on, to top that off the installer took my old modems which were probally ok, I paid for them and told the company they work for I want them back.  Here are the speed stats currently getting:

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 656 Kbps about 0.66 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Download Speed is:: 80 kB/s    :buck2:

Upload Connection is:: 87 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 11 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Server 2)

Test Time:: 2006/12/22 - 5:31am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-S7R2V65ZF

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-9P1ZRUVHN

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; IEMB3; IEMB3) [!]

Welcome to the forum speedmeup2   :wave::welcome:

First off they have slowed down the 4000 system speeds. They appear to have slowed down the speeds with all of the users on here. Something about whining about the bandwidth usage. Probably just wanting to sell more equipment.  :angry:

They took your 4000? Man that is not fair. So how were your speeds on the 4000? Here they were being held back to 1000 D/L speeds, consistently.

Instead of testing with the smart test try the 2992 file test for your D/L and 579 for your U/L test. And clean out your temporary files before each and every D/L test.  :grin2:

PM me if you do not get the modem's back.  :wink2:

I'm still getting the tx packet loss, installer said didnt hv pprwrk, hughes said they sent it, checked w/ distributer, they sd they fwrd it to installer, run arround again!!  :roll:

here is screen shot from advanced troubleshooting on web interface:

I left the modem off all night, turned it on this a.m..

Signal Strength  81

Stream Msg-Ackd/Nakd  260/33

UpTime (d:h:m:s)

000:00:04:05

NonStream Msg-Ackd/Nakd

7/1

RxCode

Aloha Starts

TxCode

Ranging Starts

Carrier Info

099:W:0970

Miscellaneous Problems

Rate Code

256k 2/3 (TC)

No Receive Outroute Lock

Inroute Group

No FLL Lock

Inroute

No Network Timing Sync

IQos ID

PEP SACKs Rxed/Txed

0 /0

PEP RSTs Rxed/Txed

0 /0

Ranging Reason

Ranging Done

Inroute Group Selection

Ranged at inroute rate selected by IQoS

I'm still getting the tx packet loss, installer said didnt hv pprwrk, hughes said they sent it, checked w/ distributer, they sd they fwrd it to installer, run arround again!!  :roll:

here is screen shot from advanced troubleshooting on web interface:

I left the modem off all night, turned it on this a.m..

Signal Strength  81

I never shut my modem off, it downloads updates and does some self testing.

With a signal of 81 it is very unlikely than you have water in the feed since a drop in signal is a usual sign. With a new install I have heard sometimes it takes time to smooth out. Remember no matter what you have heard or read there is only so much pipe to send and receive through and I'm betting that with the time of year that route is congested. Any changes you make need to be one at a time and give it a day or more to work. Keep posting.

I had a bad seal on my LNB window, awhile back, signal did not drop that much maybe a few points. After replacing with a new LNB myself the plastic is always moisture free regardless of temp or weather conditions. Many people drill holes or remove the plastic all together from the eye.....myself recommend replacement. Its easy enough to check when having a look at the transmitter grounding, so what would be wrong with looking?

My modem is never unplugged other than for the occasional reset.

If you want to go with the usual or most likely issue.....the problem is at NOC. If thats the case maybe it will get fixed at some point. :undecided:

and a sig line so readers can see what bird your on and modem being used.... [nerdly]

Here are the last DL results, it is a clear crisp morning, shows quite a bit of improvement:

share-EXJMRA8SP

I have the old 4000 gray dish, don't knw what size it is, techs are telling me if I have to replace the radio I will have to get a new dish, installer said the new dishes are better, I think wants to make more money off me!  I have the 7000 modem w/ basic plan.  Satellite is galaxy 16 according to gatekeeper.

Here are the last DL results, it is a clear crisp morning, shows quite a bit of improvement:

share-EXJMRA8SP

I have the old 4000 gray dish, don't knw what size it is, techs are telling me if I have to replace the radio I will have to get a new dish, installer said the new dishes are better, I think wants to make more money off me!  I have the 7000 modem w/ basic plan.  Satellite is galaxy 16 according to gatekeeper.

Actually thing the upgrade is not so  much in the dish, but in the transmitter.....you may not have this same form of LNB I was referring too earlier. If your already on a new contract.....would do the equipment upgrade. :cool: