Help with Spybot and Regristry Mechanic

Aggr3

Can someone PLEASE tell me what's up with this.......I ran Spybot and Ad ware on my computer.  Both detected problem files, requested permission to repair them, which I granted, then they stated that the problems were fixed.  Sounds like a perfect world, right?  NOT!  When I run the programs again, the same files are detected.  I've tried rebooting with no luck.  Haven't been back online since "fixing" these files, so not as if I've gone and picked them up online again somewhere.  Can anyone tell me why these programs don't fix the problem and what my next step should be?

First off welcome to site,  :D Ok what is the name of the files it keep finding? There is a bug in spybot that always causes it to find

a file called DSO EXPLOIT. This is  a bug and is nothing wrong with your pc.

Now adaware im not sure, you can try rebooting in safe mode and then running the two. List the files it keeps finding ill see what i can do

Thanks for the reply.  The DSO file is one that I was worried about.  Here are the things coming back from SpyBot:

Avenue A, Inc.: Tracking cookie (Internet Explorer: Owner) (Cookie, nothing done)

DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)

HKEY_USERSS-1-5-18SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsZones01004!=W=3

HKEY_USERSS-1-5-21-4053030060-4200199543-1314450253-1005SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsZones01004!=W=3

HKEY_USERSS-1-5-20SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsZones01004!=W=3

HKEY_USERSS-1-5-19SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsZones01004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS.DEFAULTSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsZones01004!=W=3

I just ran SpyBot, told it to clean the files, it stated that it had done so, then ran SpyBot again and came back with the above items.

Next, ran Registry Mechanic and it came back clean this time.  This is the first time it has come back clean after running it multiple times. 

I guess if the DSO messages are a known problem and are no real threat I'll just have to live with them.

Another interesting thing that has happened Norton identifies an adware in my registry on two XP machines that I am running at home.  On the machine running XP Professional it states that I will have to manually alter my register (I don't think I should be in there), yet the  XP running the home version deleted this file with no problem.  The ad-aware fails to find this problem on either system.  Is this normal for one program to find things that the others overlook and how do I determine which ones are a threat and which are just an annoyance?