Upgrading MY pc

DJVageli

lol good to be over prepared i guess  :evil6:

i need to buy some, the thermal pad that came on my stock amd cooler is like wearing thin, because i've had to take the heatsink/fan off so many times (first build and had to send in a motherboard and then switched mobo's a few more times)

:lol:

Yea...not only that...I hear all the switching and moving around...not only wears it out...but it kind of stays on the cpu area...and if you use a chem pad....that will clean it out

Haha nice setup, We'll have almost the same setup besides the 8800 :oops: That's iight though, congrats on the build, and make sure it works 1st time around, unlike me three times later.  :lol:

LOL :haha:

Yea I was kind of hesitant to buy the 8800 since I dont game too much...(work) but my brother said just buy it lol....he wanted me to get the GTX...but Ill be fine with this.Hopefully it does work....even though I dont know if my house can support it...in my room alone..I think about 1400-1500 watts are being used..1100 alone from my brothers PSU :haha:

LOL :haha:

Yea I was kind of hesitant to buy the 8800 since I dont game too much...(work) but my brother said just buy it lol....he wanted me to get the GTX...but Ill be fine with this.Hopefully it does work....even though I dont know if my house can support it...in my room alone..I think about 1400-1500 watts are being used..1100 alone from my brothers PSU :haha:

hahaha just get a power bar and hope its grounded so when the surge comes it wont hurt anything  :lol:

:icon_pale: :icon_pale:

I don't know where they sell 25cm fans :sad:

probly have to order special....but if so just RMA the case for a new one

hahaha just get a power bar and hope its grounded so when the surge comes it wont hurt anything  :lol:probly have to order special....but if so just RMA the case for a new one

Im really hoping I dont have more problems than positives with this new setup :haha:

Im really hoping I dont have more problems than positives with this new setup :haha:

hey, if they dont happen now, they'll happen when you least expect them...like i booted up fine, then my motherboard decides to malfunction......as bad as it is, its better to get them out of the way before they take other components with them

hey, if they dont happen now, they'll happen when you least expect them...like i booted up fine, then my motherboard decides to malfunction......as bad as it is, its better to get them out of the way before they take other components with them

Yea thats true...I'll remember that :smiley:

sweet, how does it perform?

Well I already have noticed a huge difference...and now I can play all the games my brother can :haha:

First thing I tried was a small OC...and I raised it to 2.8 and cpu with fans on low runs at 33 Celsius and gpu runs at 54 Celsius. Ill post some performance pics..but I don't know what to use for that

kinda messy up top  :haha:

No rear exhaust fan  :shock:

:haha: :haha:

Yea....this power supply has too many cables...too many :haha:

And I know...I thought it was going to come with one :cry:

Im going out to get one today.....and Im going to have to buy a side fan...this one is defective :cry:

:haha: :haha:

Yea....this power supply has too many cables...too many :haha:

And I know...I thought it was going to come with one :cry:

Im going out to get one today.....and Im going to have to buy a side fan...this one is defective :cry:

side fan is defective? that sucks, i think 250mm fans are kinda hard to find and expensive

side fan is defective? that sucks, i think 250mm fans are kinda hard to find and expensive

Yea....when I found out it didn't work I was really upset :sad:

And I only found one place that sells them...about 20 bucks..but only a choice of 3

I don't think it would be that expensive but hard to find yes.

Yea not expensive...but definitely hard to find

looking good DJ :)

those temps are fine, wish i could be around 30 C on CPU during full load, it more like 60 for me haha

without digging, your 3dmark is around where it suppose to be. You most likely need to OC your videocard to pass 10k, i did that once just to break 10k, but changed back to default again, since i don't have the need for it right now.

now you can run all games at full details and still have decent fps, enjoy !

VanBuren :)

looking good DJ :)

those temps are fine, wish i could be around 30 C on CPU during full load, it more like 60 for me haha

without digging, your 3dmark is around where it suppose to be. You most likely need to OC your videocard to pass 10k, i did that once just to break 10k, but changed back to default again, since i don't have the need for it right now.

now you can run all games at full details and still have decent fps, enjoy !

VanBuren :)

Thanks Van!!

I know itll go even lower once I get a new side fan and a rear fan, plus my brother has given me this other cooler that goes on the pci slot

For the 3dmark Im happy....because previously I used to get like 2-3k on it...plus as long as all the games run at max...thats all that matters :smiley: