can't get online...

starship_troopers

hi,

i followed swimmers guide and now can dual boot suse linux 10.1 and xp media center on my laptop...but when i'm in linux i can not get online, i've tried everything i can think of, but to no avail. any suggestions? to help i will try with an ethernet cable tomorrow, but right now i am trying to get on wireless but can't.

thanks,

starship

Alright.. you are talking wireless... Like I said in the guide.. 99% of the wireless drivers do not work in Linux.  For some reason that is the one think that Linux really sucks at...  Even if it detects your wireless stuff, like it does on one of my laptops, the driver are still not configured correctly to get the machine onto a network using a wireless NIC.  Ethernet should still work...  Since you are having problems and because it is on a laptop, I will write a guide on how to fix the problem, using ndiswrapper, and post it by Saturday.

BTW I move your thread in here because we have a new Linux help section  :smiley:

here is my linux OS on my laptop, connected to the net with ethernet cord. untill i can use wireless  :smiley:

Why didnt you tell me you rocked Linux? Why cant you use wireless? Driver issue? I know nothing about Linus except Swimmer says to use it.. I trust him.

Why didnt you tell me you rocked Linux? Why cant you use wireless? Driver issue? I know nothing about Linus except Swimmer says to use it.. I trust him.

i just installed it last night. lol i used swimmer's guide which worked perfectly  :smile2:

yeah i am fine using wired untill i get a chance to check out some more options for wireless. because if i need wireless i still have windows installed  :cool2:

i just installed it last night. lol i used swimmer's guide which worked perfectly  :smile2:

yeah i am fine using wired untill i get a chance to check out some more options for wireless. because if i need wireless i still have windows installed  :cool2:

Nice, I may follow suite when I get home from vacation and I run out of pot.  :evil6: As a matter of fact change may to will.

Nice, I may follow suite when I get home from vacation and I run out of pot.  :evil6: As a matter of fact change may to will.

hey shug, remember this: i could not get it to install on my desktop (my fault because i downloaded the wrong version, i need one that works with amd athlon 64) anyways, make sure you get the right version  :smile2: .