What's the difference in DOCSIS 1.1 and 2.0?

XSF

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Here's the deal: I have a Toshiba PCX2200 (DOCSIS 1.0 or 1.1, not sure) and a Motorola SB5100 that does DOCSIS 2.0

Recently, I've been having connection issues with my ISP, the motorola's connection would keep dropping and wouldn't last more than an hour. Very annoying.

So I plugged in my old Toshiba pcx2200 and it's running great so far.

I would be happy, but I'm not since I bought the motorola as an upgrade awhile back. Any ideas? Does the DOCSIS really matter?

Thanks in advance

PS - Also, can you upgrade the firmware on any of these modems? Thanks

here ia linmk to Docsis

http://www.nextgendc.com/?/seminar_docsis_physical.htm

As for the SB5100..What hardware/software/firmware rev are you running

You can access it through this link

192.168.100.1/mainhelp.html

i am getting a new SB5100 today...My revision is too old and I want to see if a newer one will help out...

bama

I'm at work now, but I'll check out that link tonight. Where can you download new firmware for the toshiba and motorola?

Cable modems dont allow firmmware updates..(for the most part)

Some people have found a convaluted way to upgrade the older Motorolas, but it is not worth the hassle.

As far as I know, no one has found a way to upgrade the firmware on the SB5100 yet.

If needed, the cable company is supposed to "push" the firmware updates down the cable line.

Mark

Cable modems dont allow firmmware updates..(for the most part)

Some people have found a convaluted way to upgrade the older Motorolas, but it is not worth the hassle.

As far as I know, no one has found a way to upgrade the firmware on the SB5100 yet.

If needed, the cable company is supposed to "push" the firmware updates down the cable line.

Mark

ahhh..

it seems my motorola modem is about 200-400mbs slower than my toshiba in speed tests