Rooting my G1 phone -

CygnusR

Heya guys!

Was wondering if you guys could help me root my Tmobile g1. Ive followed the instructions at http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=316599  so far but ive been without luck so far - this is what ive done uptill now -

1) Mounted and formatted my sd card on the phone

2)Downloaded and unzipped RC7 image file. Copied the DREAMIMG.nbh file to the SD card (im in the uk and am currently running RC9)

3)Turned the device power off

4) Held the camera button, and pressed the power button

This is where it gets confusing -

A grey screen loads just for a millisecond which says what i think is "no image file present"

Then it goes to a screen with red,blue, green and white stripes with yellow text which says

Dreal110 pvt 32b

hboot-0.95.000

radio-1.22.14.11

sep 2 2008

serial0

also i cant do anything when the screen goes like that - i have to remove battery before anything happens

any help appreciated

Although as of this moment I'm not familiar with  "rooting" a phone, but you can bet I will be checkin this out soon as I get something to eat lol, but I do know that the colored screen you see signifies bootloader mode. My first thought is you have not unlocked the security on the phone. You'll never flash another rom while this is locked.

Dreal110 pvt 32b I think this is the rom version

hboot-0.95.000  =  bootloader version ( pretty sure)

radio-1.22.14.11 = the phone radio, this is what band your able to use ( different all around the world, there are four bands.) Mine is world phone right now, which means i can go anywhere in the world and get service. Sure, I might roam, but my plan allows free roaming, so I pay standard rates anywhere on the globe  :grin: 

I'll look into what unlocker you need.