Windows 7

WebUser

• 2 weeks later...

Just bluffed my way through adding a second HDD. Been a long time since I did it and couldn't remember why the Drive wouldn't show up in Explorer. The I found Computer Management and started to remember a few steps. I now have Drive J: showing. Does that make me a 'puter geek?

So, 2 1TB HDDs and 8Gb or RAM should let me do quite a bit, eh?

Just bluffed my way through adding a second HDD. Been a long time since I did it and couldn't remember why the Drive wouldn't show up in Explorer. The I found Computer Management and started to remember a few steps. I now have Drive J: showing. Does that make me a 'puter geek?

So, 2 1TB HDDs and 8Gb or RAM should let me do quite a bit, eh?

Well how about the one I made for my kid. windows 7 64 bit. 8Gigs ram. Core Duo Intel 3Ghz. Two Sata 500gig hard drives and I just added a 1terabye hard drive for his video creations. And whatever the good graphics card was.

Mines the same, but without the 1terabye drive.

Windows 7 has not crashed on me yet over this past 6 months or so, and before that was the Beta and RC. All software that I use has no problems either.

I added the 1terabye drive today and took me a few moments to find it. The disc 'manage' window from right clicking 'computer' did not open it, so I had to dig slightly.

This one's an AMD Phenom II X4 810 2.60G with a built in HDTV tuner. Added a lighted keyboard and a Logitech Trackball mouse.

Now I just have to figure out how to do the two screen issue. Just connected the HDMI port to a 32" TV screen. I see both displays and I can drag Media Center to the TV, but if I go full screen, I can't get the mouse back to the 19" monitor to do other things. TV is tagged Display 1 and the 19" monitor is tagged Display 2 for some reason even though the monitor is the default.

As far as software goes, I've installed some really old programs; stuff written in the late 90s for Win98 and they run fine.

I've got two screens. A 16" and a 22". But I have a maximum screen resolution that I can go to on the 16" lcd, or it will not be in the proper range for it to show. And will just show the error that it is outside of screen resolution parameters.

You could right click the desktop to get screen resolution area. Maybe the way you extend the desktop is the issue?

Edit: My graphics card is doing HDMI to the main monitor(22") and then VGA to the second monitor(16").

Edited by zalternate

Thought I found my first glitch, but it turned out not to be. When I plugged the Logitech Trackball in, the system drivers installed and the mouse worked. But when I tried to install the Logitech software from the included CD, the install failed. A visit to the Logitech site showed that the CD was out of date by several versions for some reason. Downloaded the newer 64 bit version and it installed fine.