Computer Replacement

nanobot

Whats up with the no rear case fan? Your not really getting any air out of the case.

Yeah, that has a story.

It had a fan once, but it died. And I didn't buy a replacement. I am planning on replacing it with a Red one, more than likely.

Thanks,

EBrown

TriRan, what case is that? It looks pretty BA. And what heatsink is that as well?

I just ordered an 80mm Blue Fan for the rear exhaust, and a 120mm Red Fan for another intake on the side. I am getting a piece of plexiglass soon, so I will be making a window for my case. :)

Thanks,

EBrown

the case is the coolermaster CM690 it's sort of a budget case but with great cable management and the CPU cooler is the sycthe katana 3

the cpu cooler was funny it didn't come with english instructions everything was in japanese good thing its not hard to install them :P

this system is definately not starved for air though those are 120mm fans running 4 intake and 3 exhaust. the case can hold 140mm fans but they were a lot more expensive >.< gotta save the pennies where you can i guess to splurge on things like ram cpu MB and video card

yeah some stock coolers do fine but i knew off the bat stock wouldn't suffice going near the 4GHz mark which is what i had in mind for this system all along i could probably go higher if i had a cooler like the H50 but i don't, maybe my next build will include that

yeah some stock coolers do fine but i knew off the bat stock wouldn't suffice going near the 4GHz mark which is what i had in mind for this system all along i could probably go higher if i had a cooler like the H50 but i don't, maybe my next build will include that

I am thinking of a Frio. :)

Thanks,

EBrown

Well, besides me hating Intel, it seems to look pretty good.

If you wanted to save money, you should go with a Phenom II X6, as you can get a 6-Core 2.8Ghz for less than that i7.

I was looking into a case like that as well. Seemed to have what I needed.

Thanks,

EBrown

Yeah, that has a story.

It had a fan once, but it died. And I didn't buy a replacement. I am planning on replacing it with a Red one, more than likely.

Thanks,

EBrown

Well, I just got my Blue 80mm Fan and Red 120mm Fan today, once I get my glass and get it mounted I will have more pictures. (My Green and Red fans look ugly right now due to being zip-tied instead of mounted.)

I Overclocked my Athlon II a little farther, up to 3.75Ghz now.

I am gonna see if I can get it to 3.9. I am not betting that I can, but I am really hoping towards it.

Thanks,

EBrown