all the kids are in bed

bwt1953

:D this is the strongest connection I've had yet. either there is a power outage, something good on TV, or the kids have all gone to bed

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 2982 Kbps about 3 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 364 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: Sun Mar 13 20:40:57 EST 2005

Bottom Line:: 53X faster than 56K 1MB download in 2.81 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 76.14 % faster than the average for host (56.154)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-BPW7LZX6N

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1109 Kbps about 1.1 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 135 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: Sun Mar 13 20:40:10 EST 2005

Bottom Line:: 20X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 7.59 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 256.59 % faster than the average for host (56.154)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-KG0FVL5WX

My ISP is a LOS wireless provider SkyNetAccess. I've got a Telex antenna sitting about 2' off the ground next to my front porch. I signed up for 'up to 1500/512'. These guys have been working hard to get this service level up. There doesn't appear to be any real cap in place. I am on a shared bandwidth plan, so as other users get on, it shows. But lately it has been so strong that I don't see or feel any effect. I don't game (right now) so I'm just happy to be able to get mail in and out and tie into my servers at work. I do see an Xbox on the horizon tho. The younger guys, who I work with, are all Xbox freaks and have got me interested in trying it out. I might be sorry tho, still have a 16 year old at home, she'll probably take it over in no time at all. :icon_pale:

My ISP is a LOS wireless provider SkyNetAccess. I've got a Telex antenna sitting about 2' off the ground next to my front porch. I signed up for 'up to 1500/512'. These guys have been working hard to get this service level up. There doesn't appear to be any real cap in place. I am on a shared bandwidth plan, so as other users get on, it shows. But lately it has been so strong that I don't see or feel any effect. I don't game (right now) so I'm just happy to be able to get mail in and out and tie into my servers at work. I do see an Xbox on the horizon tho. The younger guys, who I work with, are all Xbox freaks and have got me interested in trying it out. I might be sorry tho, still have a 16 year old at home, she'll probably take it over in no time at all. :icon_pale:

Yup......I'm also a XBOX Freak. You should get it, Xbox Live is so addictive. It's just like drugs but better in my opinion. :D

:evil6:

Yup......I'm also a XBOX Freak. You should get it, Xbox Live is so addictive. It's just like drugs but better in my opinion. :D

:evil6:

That's what got me interested. I couldn't imagine me tellin the OL that I was goin out to a gamer party...she'd shoot me. But when I found out these guys were playin' each other online, I crapped. I got to get one.

That's what got me interested. I couldn't imagine me tellin the OL that I was goin out to a gamer party...she'd shoot me. But when I found out these guys were playin' each other online, I crapped. I got to get one.

It's the battle of who's the best and sometimes who has a better connection. :D

It's the battle of who's the best and sometimes who has a better connection. :D

Yeah, connection...that's the key. I was just about to get on board about a year ago. I had fiber in the house, then we moved out here and there was nothing. Got on with this wireless thing, and now that it is getting pretty stable, I guess I'll have to try. Also have Adelphia cable available, but I stay away from them. I am getting Verizon DSL in a few days. I'll put my wife and daughter on that. Verizon is in the process of laying fiber in the entire town to each and every home and business, got it in my back yard...just not hot yet.

This SkyNet is a local company. It costs 3x the cost of DSL, but as long as they continue to up the service and stay stable, I continue to support them. I don't want to put myself in a position of depending on the whims of Verizon for broadband access. When I had fiber with them in the past, they oversold the network to the point where dial-up was attractive again.

Yeah, connection...that's the key. I was just about to get on board about a year ago. I had fiber in the house, then we moved out here and there was nothing. Got on with this wireless thing, and now that it is getting pretty stable, I guess I'll have to try. Also have Adelphia cable available, but I stay away from them. I am getting Verizon DSL in a few days. I'll put my wife and daughter on that. Verizon is in the process of laying fiber in the entire town to each and every home and business, got it in my back yard...just not hot yet.

This SkyNet is a local company. It costs 3x the cost of DSL, but as long as they continue to up the service and stay stable, I continue to support them. I don't want to put myself in a position of depending on the whims of Verizon for broadband access. When I had fiber with them in the past, they oversold the network to the point where dial-up was attractive again.

Where did you live before you moved :?:  :)