Issue with Spectrum upload speeds.

mikedd

For the last four months in Winter Garden, FL I've been having issues with Spectrum and Upload speeds. Called them a few times and they would basically tell me your speeds are fine to our speedtest.net spectrum servers and we cant do anything but send out our techs. Got multiple techs to come out and had no results. After digging I noticed my upload speeds would get better during non prime time hours and I would be able to stream on any platform (12am-8am). I downloaded a little program to test my tcp window size quality and I was getting awful results (will link some below. Will also include NC,SC). Contacted them again and they actually gave me the email of a network engineer to send tracret to and these tcp window size quality screenshots. Obviously, never heard back from them. My question is where do I go from here or are their any solutions to fix this problem. To me it seems like purely congestion at the moment and they just are ignoring the issue.

3IFn3xE-w.png

Prime time TCP and bandwidth

uploaded image

NC spectrum services

uploaded image

SC Spectrum service

uploaded image

Unfortunately there's not a whole lot that can be done about area congestion and overprovisioning. :(  I've been dealing with that even with my Frontier Fiber for years. My 1G/1G connection from about 7PM to 1Am will drop to sometimes as low as 400M/600M; ½ my advertised speeds.  Greedy ISP's do not care about network consistency, & will ALWAYS ask you to test to "their servers". Which is infuriating.. I've made the argument that we dont pay for INTRANET... We pay for INTERNET! Than they will argue that they "cannot guarantee performance outside their own network; Speeds "UP TO" blah blah". I've had numerous techs out and they all say the same thing.... "Your area is overprovisioned". 🙄  -Sarasota FL

tBApVww.png