Don't trust, verify.  I'm giving you ways to verify.

CA3LE

My beta gives anyone the ability to run TMN on any computer they'd like.  Run it locally on a Docker images I've prepared for you or install it on any web sever, with or without SSL.  It only takes 2 files, a total of 1800 bytes of code on your end.  What speed will you see between two wired 1 GbE?   Exactly what you'd expect to see, watch for yourself.

The Mac and Windows machines are fairly distant, non-direct routes.  The connection traverses 2 switches, then the router, then another switch also adding in about 100 ft of cable before it arrives.  Not lab conditions, I wanted all of those real world variables. 

If you inspect I think you'll agree, TMN's results are pretty exact. 8)

tl&dr

run1-6.jpg

So average 916 Mbps | 904 Mbps.  Adding 6% network overhead you get to 971 Mbps | 958 Mbps.  Which is right in line with what we see coming across the interface in reality.  

I did the same LAN testing when developing the current version (v18) you're using now, always do.  But now I'm giving the ability to do it yourself, super quick.  ... I've also done that before but not like this.  This is very different.  Cut and paste a few commands into Terminal or PowerShell and you're running local tests on all your devices in a few seconds.  You can also audit all of the code and understand the entire container in just a few seconds.

Pretty excited to share that with you all.  Curious how people will use it.

• 3 months later...