make it faster Millinium . Cablespeed ISP

helpmetweak

You in michigan? Just wonderin im on MDM to. Whats your advertised speeds?

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1904 Kbps about 1.9 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 232 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: Thu Mar 24 20:42:52 EST 2005

Bottom Line:: 34X faster than 56K 1MB download in 4.41 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 59.97 % of your hosts average (cablespeed.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-J51L0AVXK

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if you are still using this forum, sorry to bump this thread, but it is not that old.. I am also in Maryland, and will tell you something about this MDM (millenium, cablespeed, whatever the hell they like to be called)... about 2 years ago they suffered from a ping problem with caused 500ms pings every night and this persisted for about 6 months!, they have gotten so many complaints in this time they disabled ICMP not to save bandwidth, but to hide  the fact they oversold the network, to help hide the problem from its customers. Up until now the ICMP is still fully blocked on the modem end.. And recently this problem they use to have is coming back, it is simply just an oversold network, they have 2 links to the internet, 1 with WCG.net and another with broadwing.net, both of which hit full capacity at night time between 7pm - 10 or 11pm. during this time the speed is slow, ping is higher, and packet loss is noticable (with reverse- trace routes to their headend IP).

There is simply nothing that can be done, the only fix is when this company gets their act together and fixes it. I highly suggest getting rid of them, in MD comcast is much better than this company. Also if you live in Severna park ~ arnold are of maryland then you can get Verizon FiOS Fiber optic service for $50 for 15mbps down and 2mbps up... Those 2 area's are in the process of being completed and most or all of the area should be wired with fiber by late summer or early fall.

Sorry for the bad news, I had/have to put up with these same problems as well...