cable problems?

zipkicker

i was experiencing slow download speeds...but about the same upload speed? i have the 6mb down/768up upgrade and i was only getting 3-4 mb down

turns out that you cant run the modem off of a cable splitter...it effects the signal

well i took mine off the splitter and im back up to 6mb download...

dunno if this helps or makes me an idiot but bleh

well then i am out of luck i guess.  my apartment building is about a year old and i have two sets of splitters going from the second bedroom to the living room and from the living room jack their is another splitter going to the master bedroom. so if that is the reason my internet loses speed then i am out of luck cause i get about 3.5 to 4.0 MB and i am on the comcast 6000/768 plan along with their premium gold package for cable tv. so my bill is about 145.00 a month. i was hoping to get at least 5.8 or so MB but no where close to it :angry5:

well then i am out of luck i guess. my apartment building is about a year old and i have two sets of splitters going from the second bedroom to the living room and from the living room jack their is another splitter going to the master bedroom. so if that is the reason my internet loses speed then i am out of luck cause i get about 3.5 to 4.0 MB and i am on the comcast 6000/768 plan along with their premium gold package for cable tv. so my bill is about 145.00 a month. i was hoping to get at least 5.8 or so MB but no where close to it :angry5:

I have Comcast too, and I'm getting 100% of my 4Mb.

Anyway, when they installed it (back in '98) they put a splitter, 3 connections from where the cable comes inside. They put amplifiers on just the 2 TV connections and ran a new line for the cable modem.

I've had no problems with that setup. I'm not sure  what kind of amps they use, but the modem won't work on those two lines.( which is ok)