two things

Cobra

1. im having a problem with firefox since the update to 1.0.2. every time i try to download something, it checks out the floppy drive for some reason, and if theres no floppy in there, it shows the stupid, no floppy in drive error message, and every time i press cancel, it pops up again. after about five or ten cancels, i can download the file. after the file finishes downloading, it happens again. the only solution i can think of is leaving a floppy in there because i already checked the default save location- which i dont use, i tell it to ask where each time.

2. which should i buy in the future? an mp3 player or a psp? ive heard good and bad things about both, so im not sure which. the gaming aspect seems cool for the psp but i havent seen many good games out yet that make me want to get a $250 psp, then a $100 1 GB memory stick, a $50 external battery back, a $9 case, and $50 each games... psps are really expensive, so im not sure.

yea, but the thing is, i really dont want everything to be saved to the same location. like, for instance, when i download photoshop brushes, i have a separate folder for that to keep everything relatively organized. when i download a trailer for a game or something, i save to my documents so i can easily delete it after i watch it.

Guest DruNk

can't you just go into download options and select the check box that sais ask me where to save on every download?

i myself save everything to my desktop and move it elsewhere later.

i'm using 1.2 firefox also

Guest DruNk

one problem i have is the download manager isn't closing when they're done even though i have the box selected to close after everydownload.

can't you just go into download options and select the check box that sais ask me where to save on every download?

That's what I do. I like to save certain things to certain folders.

one problem i have is the download manager isn't closing when they're done even though i have the box selected to close after everydownload.

Go to Tools>Options>>Downloads. There are 2 checkboxes in the second section there. "Show Download Manager window when download begins" and "Close the Download Manager when all downloads are complete"

i do, but it still acts like i tell it to save to the floppy drive every time.