Dual nic setup for speed...

Swimmer

Hey guys I am going to try something and need some help... I was wondering if any of you know of a program that allows you to tell a server how to break down a file... Like if the file is 1mb break it into like 300k and download those at seperate times... Then find a way to make it so that 1 nic downloads its 300 then the other and then back to the orginal... This way you get the burst speed and while one nic is running the next is find the file... Just an idea.. Any ideas on how to make this work... I read an article on dual dial up modems... Thought it would be cool if we could almost double our connections with a simular idea...

Yea those things are gay... I wish Google would stop showing those ads on my site... if you see those ads, post the url that is under the ad in this post... so I can have those filtered out, I have been meaning to do that :)

I mean I get paid for those clicks and all... but I don't want my visitors being exposed to that crap! They can devistate a system... and in the end cost your system and connection speed LOSS not GAIN --- though some of the programs that empower cacheing technology can be great for dial-up users, they are not at all good for users with any sort of broadband --- I wouldn't even suggest it for someone that was on a mild 256 Kbps connection.

Years ago, before this site was TestMy.net (if anyone can name any of my previous domain names this site was connected with you will make me blush) I used to advertise for an accelerator program... I quickly pulled the ads after I tried it myself and found out what a crock it was...... I ended up having to format my computer to get everything back to stable.

Is there even a point to splitting a file up in segments and download them at the same time? Back when I still had 300 kbps download I could only get 140 KB/s download when using DAP. Now that I tweaked and get full speed when the server can handle it, such tricks are pointless.

Btw, what is the point of download test ads on a website that has the best download and upload tests?!

Btw' date=' what is the point of download test ads on a website that has the best download and upload tests?![/quote']

Those ads for Bandwidth Test and Broadband Test usually are not real bandwidth tests, they are places trying to sell you Internet or Software that is unrelated. Google just serves me ads based on keywords within my site... Like I said, I need to sit down and filter some of those ads out. They allow me to filter up to 200 ads out, so I should be cool.

See if my site is truely the greatest... someone who clicks on the ads will realize it and come back ;-) ---

Ads by Google

Boost Your Computer Speed

Download PC Velocity & watch your PC performance jump by up to 300%!

www.Logicalinnovations.com

Bullshit.

Double Your PC Speed

Guaranteed PC Speed Boosts Try it Risk-Free for $39.95. Aff.

www.PCSpeedTweaks.com

Idem.

Connection Tweak

Download now and access hundreds of tweaks and hidden settings.

www.tweakmanager.com

For quite alot of money and probably a couple of spyware proggies as well :x