c:\RECYCLER?

Guest scatrbrain

Guest scatrbrain

Well this is as off topic as it gets lol... Im wondering if anyone knows anything about a hidden folder called recycler? I have read other tech forums and found peoples best guess, but not the real answer. So far people have said that the folder in question is relaited to Norton system utilities but its not because i dont have Norton, yet the folder is on all of my computers, other people say that it is relaited to the recycle bin and to empy it and forget about it, But empying the recycle bin does nothing to effect the recycler folder. (i have tried on 5 of my computers, Both XP Pro and 2000 Pro machines)... The reason why i care in the first place is because this folder (c:recycler) hangs up my virus and spyware scans, on all my computers. I tried to view the contense of the folder in windows and DOS and cant see it, yet the virus can and spyware scan show that its being scanned...........for hours and hours before i cancel the scans..also, this folder has GIGS of data inside it and the files are nothing that I have deleted per say.

Anyway thanks in advance for any suggestions

Guest scatrbrain

good advice.. Im not going to delete them but wish i could figure out  why it hangs my virus scan etc... seems to be a problem with a few people that i have found.. maybe i should wait till night time to do the scans and see if it completes by morning..

Guest scatrbrain

Hey cholla , i did read the page that his link took me too and the one you sent me.. ill have to look over it a bit more..I do believe you guys have sent me to the right place......thanks :-)

• 1 year later...

I would like to create a folder that targets the recycler like my documents targets documents and settings current user. I thought I could make a replica of my documents, but it dont work. U can not associate a document folder to it. You can though add the property menu's that are for my documents to the recycle bin and target it and it works. but to see the recycle bin rather than target you have to double click desk top befor right clicking to open recycle bin (S#!t Can) a regular double click takes you to the recycler folder. Oh yeah I cant even target the actual file in recycler. I am trying to add a sharing option, and current total of mb used in recycle bin. like it was a drive of its own. I was thinking of making my own erase dir with a del.exe for that directory only, then linking a folder to it. It's confusing

You can not link a document folder to recycler. I cant beleive it is true that recycle bin dose not use the recycler. Its nameing techniqes are funny to me. Dose it delete original file then make a copy. Or save file in recycle bin and put a referance in recycler. Dose anyone know how to add a  property tab to an exsisting folder that it currently dosent have. I am looking hard for Tabs like this that are global and can be called by more than one operation. I will be generating example regestry to show, maybe then some one will see what I am talking about

I would like to create a folder that targets the recycler like my documents targets documents and settings current user. I thought I could make a replica of my documents, but it don't work. U can not associate a document folder to it. I added  property menu's that are for my documents to the recycle bin and a couple of other things to make it more like my documents. Then recyclebin started thinking it was my documents double clicking it brought me to the target listed in properties just like in my documents only the other properties of recyclebin were still there but to see the recycle bin rather than target you have to double click desk top before right clicking to explore recycle bin (S#!t Can) a regular