Alrighty then, needs more BASS.

Shug7272

Ok I have a new 2000 dollar system in my truck and want to get more bass out of my songs. Anyone know of a good way to increase the bass level of songs before burning them to CD in MP3 format? Not the over all volume level, just the bass. Any help is appreciated. :D

There are probably other ways o do this, and perhaps easier, but I use the Kristal Audio Engine to enhance recordings. It is basically an audio mixing board with a bucket load of plugins. You'll have to convert to .WAV to import, apply the appropriate plugin, in this case you'll want to turn on the Kristallizer for the source channel and once you've gotten the desired results, convert back (with a separate app) to either CD audio or mp3.....

I use this and NERO for all my audio stuff

This is a free piece of software, very powerful, and easy to learn to use. Check it out

http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/

OK bwt I have two problems, first off Im dumb as hell and that sounds hard as hell. Second off if I convert to wav and back to mp3 wont I loose sound quality. I have a Kenwood excelon MP3 in my truck and want my cd in MP3 format and dont want to loose quality.  :D

That's the beauty of digital...you don't lose quality. That's an analog thing...10% loss on every recording pass.

What, if any, are the software programs you are using now to convert CD audio to MP3?

UHHHHH...... The program I use to "convert" my "cds" to "mp3" is uhhhh Limewire..... :haha: :haha: :haha: I thought you lost quality if your sure I dont would you mind giving me a lil run through of what I need to do with your program to just jack the bass so I can rattle my bean bag.

OK.. I understand...you're starting with MP3 ...not a problem. Give me a little time to dig out some apps for you. The audio engine might be a bit much for you to mess with at this point. I have got some small apps that will do the conversion and boost bass all at the same time. I just don't know which machine they are on, or if I even have them loaded at this time. I'll have to go thru som files to find them. I'll be back on tomorrow and have some easy solutions for you.

Email me one of you mp3 files so I can gauge what you are working with. If the file doesn't compress to a small enough file for you to email, then split it with HJSplit

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/#win32

and then send the parts to me. I run it thru and do a bass boost to see if it will do what you need, then tell you how to get the apps you need.

B

Ok first off, Klown why would I ask a question here in the help section if I wanted to go read on the internet. <snip>. Second bwt I search for the best quality files and usually get better than 128 never lower, granted they probably arent as good as if I ripped myself and I do know how to rip well, but as far as m spending money on buying the music I have thousands of songs and since I can get hundreds of mp3's on one disc I dont want to buy 2000 cds for the 2100 songs I want.... Im poor... :cry: I will send you a file and if you can do a little bass work for me <snip>...... :haha: Thanks for all your help bwt I appreciate it. :D

edited by php: reported as inappropriate...

I hope you don't think I was bashing you Shug, I'm an avid Limewire paid subscriber myself and have been for some years.  And about the cat.....no thankyou, I have two of my own, one male and one female ROFLMAO! pix of your mom would be appreciated tho  ;)

seend me a file

B

Calm down guys... isn't this supposed to be a family forum? :?

DJVangelis: That's pretty much pointless, because you use up more space, while the quality doesn't improve.

Thats what im talking about,I raise the quality in terms of kbps and other features too,and all I was doing was just telling him about a program that I thought he might be interested in using because its good and easy to use,thats all