Can My Upload Speed be Tweaked?

gonzo54

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum, found it by googling what would I do without it :). Anyways, I use Verizon Online DSL with the Westell Versalink Modem with router the status says I have a speed of 100.0 Mbps. These are my tests results

WELCOME to the forums gonzo54

you do have a 100Mb connection but that is from you pc to the router not from the router to the internet or modem to the internet

what package have you got with verizon ?

in terms of download and upload

or how much do u pay per month can also help

sorry to disapoint you but u wont see a speed test of 100Mbps

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum, found it by googling what would I do without it :). Anyways, I use Verizon Online DSL with the Westell Versalink Modem with router the status says I have a speed of 100.0 Mbps. .....

....Do you think my Upload Speed is a little slow and how can I tweak it? I live in NYC, maybe traffic is just high I don't know any help will be appreciated.

Welcome to the site.  :D

Your download looks about right. Your upload is a tad low.  I'll assume your on the 3000/768 package. Your correct about the NYC area being congested. Verizon is aware of the problem, but has no ETA on repair. :(  Try some speed test(s) closer to you, as network congestion can pretty significant impact on your results. Try a couple of these closer to you. http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ or the Mirrors on the test page. I believe there's a couple in the NYC area. https://testmy.net/mirrors.php This site is apparently in Texas and the routing to from the West coast is a speed killer. Probably the same for you.  Try a couple of those and lets us know how it works out for you. Oh, the 100 Mbs your seeing is your  local Ethernet connection.  Good luck.