Help w/ DSL (Upload Faster Than Download)

Help!  I am helping a friend setup Verizon DSL and after install the Verizon software the internet connection seemed really really slow.  So I went and did a speed test at three different sites all which reported the same thing.

Download - 105k

Upload - 374k

I have never had this problem before!  Verizon here is suppose to be 1.5Mbps down and 380k up.  So the upload speed is right in line but why am I only getting 105k download speed.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

My experience with Verizon (Bell Atlantic) years ago tells me the Verizon software is probably affecting your system, it's a memory hog loaded with bugs & funky .dll files.

Verizon dsl software just plain sucks. You do NOT want or need the verizon software.

Your router (Westell 2200, it is most likely) will automatically do all the dialup tasks.

If that does not fix it, could be the PPPOE settings are wrong/corrupt; router misconfiguration; NIC sharing an unavailable IRQ, or, if unprotected against them, you've got a massive spyware/virus/trojan infection already.

hope this helps-

JxL