The Truth about Broadband Speed for Old PC's

SpeedWave

I know for a fact that an old pc will run fine... I can bring up my 266mhz box this weekend and run some test if you would like.. Ethernet is way better than USB..  Ethernet you can transmit and recieve at the same time.. here is an article that explains it in plain english.. http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question667.htm

Yes I that sounds like why old pc's run slower. Is because the number of connections you can have. So mod your settings. I know when I open up shareza or whatever it tell's me that it detects service pack 2. And it tell me that service pack 2 limits the number of open connections you can have so it slowes down your downloads. It is something they put in service pack 2 for security. And I notice alot of problems with it like dropping my ip etc. Because it has that dam firewall etc and it screws with the settings. So not just old pc's.