can i access a computer in hawaii?

bent240LV

remote desktop is a good way to go assuming you are running windows xp pro.. you can only client on other versions.. vnc is also a good one.. Make sure that you have the service set up and router through the router if needed before you leave!  Also the IP address might switch on you.. so send her to whatismyip.com if you are having trouble connecting.

i tried to connect to her but i just kept getting a connection timed out message. Cold it be that she is on dial up  and im on cable?

:haha: :haha: :haha: Umm.. that could be just a little bit of a problem.  She is going to have to go to this site every time she signs on to the internet.  whatismyip.com and either email you her ip address or call you.  Once she signs off the ip address will change.  This will also not connect if she is offline.  I would guess it is not going to be an enjoyable experience on 56k..  :roll:

their could be to much lag or if she has a firewall that might have blocked it.  I would check the firewall log when you get back and see if there is an attack registered.  56k isnt going to be much fun anyways.. the lag is going to make you really angry..