Sytem cleaner or optimizer? I need a good one!

duffman1234

Guest helloimtim

Personally I prefer system mechanic 5.  You can get a 30 free trial at almost any major download site. If you like it you can buy it at your local wal mart. I also like fix it utilities. I use both. For defraging I use nothing but perfect disk. I have used and tried them all. It works great on my system. Just stay away from the increse internet speed and windows tweaker with system mechanic 5.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I prefer system mechanic 5.  You can get a 30 free trial at almost any major download site. If you like it you can buy it at your local wal mart. I also like fix it utilities. I use both. For defraging I use nothing but perfect disk. I have used and tried them all. It works great on my system. Just stay away from the increse internet speed and windows tweaker with system mechanic 5.

I would agree!  this is a great program.. very user friendly and does a good job

duffman1234: Does the memory optimizer program you used have a restore defaults or backup some software does. Or can you do a system restore to a point before you use the memory optimizer.

I use cc cleaner,easy cleaner ( don't use the duplicate files function unless you are an expert),

& regseeker for a registry cleaner.All are freeware.I don't think any of them will change the memory settings back to default though.

not a joke. deadly serious. fragging system cleaners tend to target old files(at least what they thionk is old) and end up deleting archived data or program files you still need and all kinds of crap like that. once you tinkered with your box, reformat, install only what you need/want, and repeat as needed a few months from now.