upload speed

sloower

I dont know much about this stuff, but i can follow directions. I recently got sat from direcway because we live in a rural area that offers dial up only. I expected much faster surfing, my download was 285 and my upload only 41. My os is winxp, and i just got a new computer that is suppose to be fast. what am i doing wrong?

With Direcway, you really have to tweak: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/satellite

(Only tweak if you have the DW4000, the DW6000 is not effectively tweakable.)

Hopefull with a little luck your download speed will increase to about where mine is. (1500-3000 kbps depending on the time of day, and sometimes up to 6000 kbps.)

Don't expect your upload speed to increase at all.

How are you set up? A single computer? Multiple networked? DW6000 or 4000? OS, specs of all machines?

Post back with this info, and I'll try to help more.

:) Welcome to the site sloower:) and a lot of how fast your speed will be depends on transponder and gateway assignment from your provider, and of course your tweaks, but I do think you can probably improve some.the site that luwigie linked for you is very good for sat values.Hope you enjoy the site and keep testing so you can attain "your" best speeds:)

8) Microwave