Ping times on FIOS ...

VznPro

i  got the 15/2 optimum  and i get 1.7 to 1.9 mb upload all day long and my down is usually from about 11 to 16 mb but it was messed up when i got it.  i made them give me the newest modem and replace the whole line and run some tests and now its great.  if i had the chance i would also get fios but its not here yet and look at this post (http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=10219.0)  and see how close it is to me. 

That sucks...We had OOL techs here like 15 times over 6 months, and they couldn't fix the problem(cause it was an oversold node, and they wouldn't admit it)..So we dumped them asap when fios got here..

It was funny, at night when I ran a speed test at OOL, I would get the troubleshooting dialog box pop up, saying I had a problem with my connection(was like under 600Kbps), and tech support would say its fine...LOL...They so didn't care...I had nights my downloads were at 16kB/sec(from their test site..the test64 ftp://167.206.5.41/

yea i had the same thing happen and they eventually told me it was my switches or routers and i told them i unhooked all routers and switches and was directly connected and it was the same then it got to them saying it was my comp and it couldnt do the speed and it definitlly can cause i have transfered over 600 mb a second on lan and i'm sure 15mb would be easy and i tried it on 4 comps and then got them to fix it all free and now its good for $30 a month.

i agree with ya tho the techs suck on OPT