Adelphia Broadband

jeffc52053

I submitted a post a few months ago and did a "pathping" to Testmynet and got pretty respectable times with my 4000/384 Adelphia connection (3371 down/437 up)  Lately though, it's been dragging (1965- 2700 down, 440 up) and I called Adelphia, who sent a Tech out Sadly, I wasn't there)  He did a speed test to Testmynet (3 times) and got 2600-2900  and packed up his tools and told the wife my connection was fine. I tweek my rig regularly, run anti everything  and checked all the wiring. My math book says that's a 30% hit for overhead (or whatever). I'll probably have to pay more for the premium service to get what I'm supposed be getting (and paying for) now...

Hi..

I have the same package and my modem is capped at 4400, during non peak hours (daytime) my speed if fine, during peak hours my speeds drop dramatically, sometimes less than 1Mbps. This is due that cable companies sell more bandwith than they can provide in a given time. Same as airlines sells more seats than they have available. and we pay the price...

Thanks for the reply Rammolo,

I think I'm gonna hit some of the cable modem sites to see if I can un-cap mine.

I've talked to Adelphia's Tech support several times and they don't know why my upload is fine and my download (the last month) sucks. I tried to tell them it's a different band, and the problem is at their end and of course they disagree. When I did the "pathping" thing to testmynet last week my latency to the last two Adelphia servers went from 26ms to 94ms,

and that is way bad (for cable)

Three months ago it was 46ms to the last Adelphia server.

This of course, is killing me on the first person shooters...