Super Fast!

Basik

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 87302 Kbps about 87.3 Mbps (tested with 12160 KB)

Download Speed is:: 10657 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 1559 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 0.1 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=MYHD0XNRJ

Too bad it was a cached test... lol :D

Got your attention though..

IE caches alot of random pictures (.gif , .jpg, etc) and stores them ( see ti by doign start > run > %temp% on XP ) to "optimize" the websurfing. So that everytime you type in the webpage, it doesnt need to load all of the images again, because half of them are already saved and just needs to be re-displayed :P

• 4 weeks later...

i am a new to this can anyone tell me what a cached test is

:) Welcome to the site, sorry I missed this at first but maybe this will help........A cache (pronounced CASH....money) is a place on your puter  to store something temporarily. The files you automatically request by looking at a Web page like here  are stored on your hard disk in a cache subdirectory under the directory for your browser (for example, Internet Explorer thats what I use). When you return to a page you've recently looked at, the browser can get it from the cache rather than the original server, saving you time and the network the burden (which takes time=speed)of some additional traffic. You can usually vary the size of your cache, depending on your particular browser and deciding how big your cache should be :) When doing a speed test if things are cached (text,jpeg,etc) you don't always get an accurate speed reading....thats why TESTMY.NET is the best because his test is designed correctly to not allow you to cache the files...

8) Microwave