Question about buying ram

revolucionario

Im buying ram this week but i dont understand somethings in the outside of my pc it says that the ram its pc2100 and i thought that cas latency was 2.5 but I did a test with cpu z and this is what I got

CPU(s) 

Number of CPUs 1

Name Intel Pentium 4

Code Name Northwood

Specification Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.60GHz

Family / Model / Stepping F 2 9

Extended Family / Model 0 0

Brand ID 9

Package mPGA-478

Core Stepping D1

Technology 0.13

Best way to know is to take it out (make sure you touch a grounded piece of metal first so you can discharge static electricity) and take it to a store where they can tell you what it is they should be able to give you jut like it

my advice dont put the old one back in mixing ram even if they say there completly compstible is never a good idea just buy a gig of ram in one stick and sell that one on ebay.

just get the memory that is on crucial.com if it does not work they will take it back and give you all your money back, with no restocking fee.

But if it says thats the memory that you need then, it is correct. crucial memory is the most compattable memory on the planet, so it works with everything. don't worry, it will work.