How to get a PC working without a screen?

just-

Hi there guys

i admit i dont know much about wake up on LAN and remote management that is why i need you help.

I have a laptop and a desktop.

the desktop i have is a fresh install of windows xp pro, i dont have a screen nor keyboard nor a mouse for it.

i want to turn that machine into a network attached storage but that is not why i am posting this.

i am posting this topic because i want to access the desktop of the machine with my existing laptop connecting to it via an ethernet cable.

i dont know if there is a cd or a software i could install that would allow me to remote manage it without having to get a screen.

please don't suggest for me to install remote administrator or activate remote desktop sharing from windows because all those requier for me to 1st get a screen, yes i could borough a screen from a friend and do that but i wonder if there is some other way around this.

so how do i get to my machine without getting a screen for it ?

thank you all for your help

Hi there guys

i admit i dont know much about wake up on LAN and remote management that is why i need you help.

I have a laptop and a desktop.

the desktop i have is a fresh install of windows xp pro, i dont have a screen nor keyboard nor a mouse for it.

i want to turn that machine into a network attached storage but that is not why i am posting this.

i am posting this topic because i want to access the desktop of the machine with my existing laptop connecting to it via an ethernet cable.

i dont know if there is a cd or a software i could install that would allow me to remote manage it without having to get a screen.

please don't suggest for me to install remote administrator or activate remote desktop sharing from windows because all those requier for me to 1st get a screen, yes i could borough a screen from a friend and do that but i wonder if there is some other way around this.

so how do i get to my machine without getting a screen for it ?

thank you all for your help