Ahhhhhhhh my computer is leaking!!!!

richcornucopia

So as the title suggests my computer is leaking water. It seems that my water pump has cracked, or at least the barb/head attachment thing. My question is what do I need to buy to replace this, I am not sure of the dimensions of my pump, but I do know im using 1/2inch tubing. The model is the hydor l30, I bought it from crazy pc and I assume I still have some kind of warranty but I would rather just buy like a 2 dollar new attachment than have to send the pump in and rma it.

Would this do the trick? http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=93451

The picture shows about where it cracked, if all I need  is a new barb, could I pick something like this up at a hardware store?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thecableguy

So as the title suggests my computer is leaking water. It seems that my water pump has cracked, or at least the barb/head attachment thing. My question is what do I need to buy to replace this, I am not sure of the dimensions of my pump, but I do know im using 1/2inch tubing. The model is the hydor l30, I bought it from crazy pc and I assume I still have some kind of warranty but I would rather just buy like a 2 dollar new attachment than have to send the pump in and rma it.

Would this do the trick? http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=93451

The picture shows about where it cracked, if all I need  is a new barb, could I pick something like this up at a hardware store?

I've heard of blown headgaskets but this takes the cake....wow....and I thought I had too much time on my hands.

truly. this thred makes me wonder whether or not liquid cooling is worth the trouble compared to a decent air-cooled setup using large diameter fans to lower noise to the levels of a liquid cooled rig. the thought of the heat exchanger on the cpu or gpu springing a leak and blowing water laced with antifreeze and whatnot all over the inside of the case... and i thought the dustbunny colonies in there were enough of a problem.

Lol, since this thread was made I've had no problems. Keeps my overclocked opteron nice and chilly. Whats also nice is I only have on 120mm quiet fan running on low so my system is dead silent. For those taking their first leap into watercooling I definitely recommend an all in one kit as it will have everything you need and instructions (if you bother to read them).

richcornucopia ;Probably would be best to go with the manufacturers replacement this time.If it continues to be a problem there are some automotive barbed fittings made for fuel lines.Automotive parts stores do not have the best selection of these.But might if you have a good one,Otherwise try a business that makes custom hoses like for air conditioners or hydraulic lines.

Another possibility there are several sizes of PVC pipe with some of it & the cement for PVC pipe you might be able to repair the old one.

if that thing leaks what is the chances your comp is dead?   did anything happen to yours?  it just has me thinking  about water cooling

What happened was the barb (the part that the host goes onto/over) cracked so it started leaking. This was a barb of the pump which I mounted outside the case as I had no room in the case because I put the radiator in it. So it wasn't much of a problem because it just leaked on some paper towel which I had under it as a preventative measure. I'm pretty sure the only reason it cracked was me being a bit too forceful when moving it or something, idk, but whats good now is that its fixed and the new barb I got was less than a dollar  :D. Maybe when I get home tonight I can post some pictures of it.