Boot device key

mudmanc4

I recently came accross an old dell latitude XPi CD Model # PPS. so ok I enjoy screwin W/ all this stuff, for fun. My attempt to install an OS has been a failure, scandisk, fixdisk, format, NO. Tried W XP using 98 SU disk , no go cant seem to access but 5 megs of a 6 gig drive , tried other drives , NO GO. So ok lets Try a linux version ,  (Suse)9.2.,no go.OK..........I'll now use my HDD eraser software, NOT. because I can't seem to get into setup. Not able to clear CMOS, maybe open case and remove battery!??? TRied every key EVERY KEY .Even the one that says SETUP! Gofigure. I realize Dell limits access, but I should be able to access somethinng, I know I can, before I got the thing home, to get into it , she went into setup.! what have I done?Any Ideas on what key would be used to set boot drive on this puppy?  :confused1:

try enter enter enter.. is this to get into bios? If not yes the Cmos battery will reset the Bios password.. you are going to have to keep the batter out for 10+ minutes

Tried what you said, no go, ten min , really? damn! Thanks

BTW , i'm not getting even to the password stage.