Im missing something.......

Guest helloimtim

Guest helloimtim

I am missing something that is slowing my surfing down. Of course did the spyware , virus check. Cleaned out ie6 cache. I even have web roots windows cleaner and run that. Just seems like after a time my browsing slows down. I am on dsl and I do reset the modum. Turn it and the computer both off. Leave it off for a few. Turn on the modum wait a few boot up the machine. Now if I just do a reboot of windows that seems to solve the problem. I can only guess something to do with windows cache of sometype but Im lost? Oh when I say a few I mean few min. Running service pack 2 on xp home. I am not trying to be a smarty pants. I do realize web traffic and such affect it. Just seems strange a reboot and the nets fine. Any ideas??

my guess is that SP2 has something to do with that..  Also the fact that you can restart and the speed is restored makes me thing that you might a rogue process that is eathing bandwidth..  If it happens about the same time each time.. Try Hijack-This and then post the results in their forums.. Just because you spyware report comes back clean doesnt mean that you computer is clean!! This crap it being coded every day...  Just wondering have you any odd files on your computer??

Guest helloimtim

Thanks guys. What it ended up being was a bad stick of ram. I am guessing like a memory leak?? Rebooting helped then the bad ram slowly got worse. Strange huh?