Outlook Outdated

mudmanc4

I have an old laptop that will not run XP, so I installed 2k, works great. The only problem is outlook seems to have some sort of issue, it keeps "locking up ", and crashing. Not the OS, just outlook.

I searched quite a bit today to no avail ,in finding a newer version that I would not have to pay for.

Does anyone know what I can do? I really need outlook on this laptop to sync a blackberry w/ it , as verizon has caused issues w/ the info twice now. (lost it) And the data is important.

I'm running 2000 with Office 2000 and all is fine. The OS is updated and the Office program is also to the extent I could. For Win2000 I did get a free update disc a few years back from Microsoft. What versions of the OS and Outlook do you have?

I'm running 2000 with Office 2000 and all is fine. The OS is updated and the Office program is also to the extent I could. For Win2000 I did get a free update disc a few years back from Microsoft. What versions of the OS and Outlook do you have?

2k pro, and whatever came w/ it as far as outlook.

no idea if this will help.

- close outlook.

- find the outlook.pst (or however you chose to name the databse. you can look this up in the options)

- make a backup of the .pst file (you can then copy it back over the live one to save yourself if the next steps don't work)

- disconnect from the web (so outlook doesn't sync with your mail so you don't lose any mails if you have to go back to the backup)

- start outlook and export the database to a new outlook database (should be in the file menu)

- creae a new empty database. remove the old database from the list of databases (database always meaning .pst file...)

- import data from the database you exported to

- check to see all the data is there and hope that the problem was database integrity and this fixed it

bon chance!