Autoruns

Guest ExtremeFusion

Guest ExtremeFusion

Hi guys, it's me again!  :evil6:

This time, i just want to ask about the program Autoruns from www.sysinternals.com

Is there any chance that if I disable something my computer might not boot at the next restart  :?:

I want to minimize if possible, disable all the unnecessary startup items and services..  [geek]

Anyways, here is a screenshot of the program...

The enormity of the info it throws in my face is just too much.. I get confused on which to disable and which should not be disable..

:icon_pale:

Google BlackViper for his site on services for XP and Vista. His list is limited to services loaded with those OS's. Services added by programs are not listed. You'll find explanations of the services and whether or not they're safe to disable. To the best of my knowledge, all the tech sites mention him as the guy to go to for services.

Also, Google Pacs-Portal for startups. You'll get all the same info as above plus it's not limited to just Windows OS startups. You'll find startups from a countless number of programs, even trojans and viruses etc.

Good Luck!