Changing Drive Letteres

coknuck

How to change a drive letter

To change an existing drive letter on a drive, on a partition, or on a volume, follow these steps:

1. Log on as Administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.

2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance.

3. Click Administrative Tools, double-click Computer Management, and then click Disk Management in the left pane.

4. Right-click the drive, the partition, the logical drive, or the volume that you want to assign a drive letter to, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.

5. Click Change.

6. Click Assign the following drive letter if it is not already selected, click the drive letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

7. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the drive letter change.

The drive letter of the drive, the partition, or the volume that you specified is changed, and the new drive letter appears in the appropriate drive, partition, or volume in the Disk Management tool.

REFERENCE:

Microsoft Help and Support Website.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307844

No Copyright Violation intended...

I think it was because I didn't disconnect my all in one printer. :undecided:

That would sound about right. I was told to disconnect all but the mouse and keyboard. And I freaked and forgot to leave the mouse once. I was like almost done and it would not work.  :tickedoff:  Called a bud he said so just plug it in.  :oops: