Testing on Van's server....

Odysseus_____

lol dern nice speed, too bad im capped 10 Mbps, i bet you would do atleast 30 Mbps if i had a 100 Mbps connection  :haha:

problem is that my connection peaks out above 8-9 Mbps, so to maxout and get 9,5 Mbps you will need a very low ping

try this program i attach, its Swedish

but just choose a server in list and click "Starta Test"

that will test your UDP and TCP speed

Edit: dern nice trace only 13 hops, my gateway and pc block ICMP traffic

VanBuren :)

I get a "test failed" most of the time due to a timeout.

But it's strange... on the tests that lasted a while, it looked like this...

TCP:

Sandning: 3.78 Mbps

Mottagning: 1.84 Mbps

UDP:

Sandning: 42.80 Mbits

Mottagning: 23.47  Mbits (Timed out on this test...)

As a side note, the first server test failed because it said it's limit was 50Mbits on the line speed... that made me feel good...  :haha:

the TCP results seem to be the same on any server....

I did test from this link on your site for the EU users...

ftp://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/games/urbanterror/urbanterror37_full.exe <===

Here's a screenshot....

yea those timeouts seems to be a bug in the program, i also get timeouts sometimes :(

also the testserver probl use windows default TCP settings, it should be around same speed as UDP with optimal TCP settings

thats dern nice speed, on that file download and your screenshot was made when file was almost completed, then it show a more accurate speed.

when you click on a link like this the webbrowser start to download the file before you even choosed where to save it, so i dont think it shows a accurate reading only downloading 9 MB. the best is to download the file and when its done make a screenshot then you will see the average speed of the download.

I made a screenshot once of this, said i was dl at 8,5 MB/s and my netgraph showed 98% of 10 Mbps hehe

HI Odysseus_____ &Van Buren: I used a new program called Neo Trace Express it traced the site to ST Petersburg the whois Showed Van's ISP in Sweden.My other trace route tool timed out  after 20 hops.This is a long way from anywhere in the USA. Some way I lost the copy& paste from Van Buren's site so I went to member stats & copyied them this way.This is about as good as my dial-up will do to Van's site .

Date                      Test_Type                Test_Score                Test_Size                COMP_ID                  User_Name                User_Host                Affiliate                Test_ID                 

11 Feb 2005 Download 30 1074-KB 1982345299524 cholla nts-online.net VanBuren LISAPWVU9

11 Feb 2005 Download 30 1074-KB 1982345299524 cholla nts-online.net VanBuren 679WCFTEA

11 Feb 2005 Download 30 1074-KB 1982345299524 cholla nts-online.net VanBuren YQPME215U

11 Feb 

This is the one I just did at testmy.net here

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 142 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 97 KB)

Download Speed is:: 17 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: Fri Feb 11 14:13:44 CST 2005

Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB download in 60.24 sec

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/id-J04YS2BCG

i also use Neotrace, and think its great

but no visual trace is accurate, my site in ST Petersburg, that was news to me  :lol:

and the other other thingy tells me this.

whatever this means....O_o

the UDP speed, is usally the maximal speed you will get

and in your case its abit over 6 Mbps

the server probl use default TCP settings and thats why you dont go faster in TCP

is that the fastest server for you in that list .s1?

Skanova has the best routing overall, both international and national, so thats explains it

this program is great and has a open source so anyone can use this and add their own servers

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tptest/

measuring UDP speed is great, cos then you can see if its any idea to tweak, eg if you have a 8 Mbps adsl connection and score 6 Mbps in UDP you will never go faster then that in TCP.

Well I ran it on my home connection... it basically says I'm getting 93-95% of what my connection is capable of as per UDP testing..... So it looks like I'm pretty much at the top of my game here.... (2.65 Mbps down/ 340 kbs up is what the UDP test said... I got very close to that on one of the servers.)

And back to the traceroute... I thought it was cool too.... It's always nice to see that the first hop out of my building is to a tier1 provider's backbone.... w00t!!

yea alot of info, but nothing says anything about router locations.....

thats the part that usally is very inaccurate

like this node in UK

says its in NY with these cordinates 40.750N,  73.994W

the atlantic ocean give a increase of around 69 ms and thats normal