Cablenut - A Relevant Question

x_6985381

I've never really had the ability to test the results from using cablenut, reason being is that whenever I download large files I always get speed drop, as when I try without cablenut tweaks I get a consistent download rate, could someone please explain why when downloading 100mb files, or even testing on testmy.net I get short speed burst with major download rate drop. I'm talking from my max currently 590KB/s to the low 190KB/s then continuing through the download. This is the one downside to every time I try using cablenut.

:lipsrsealed:

I don't use anything this happened in new york when I had Roadrunner 5/256; 10/512 & 15/1

And happened again down here with Charter Communications with their 5/512

I've yet to get close to 5/512 speeds, guess there's alot of Charter account in my area

Even in off hours I'm unable to archive my advertised speed.

Computers clean, guaranteed, I have a custom built system with windows xp professional reinstalled multiple times, this has been on the hard drive for at least 2 months, working flawless, I restart my modem almost daily. So I don't think that this could cause an issue, don't know though. I clean my system daily, AVG, CCleaner, SpyBot - Search and Destroy, Defragment at least every 2 weeks. I'm not sure but I believe that the system is clean to the best of my knowledge.