back light on TFT monitor

Roco

has anyone changed the back light on a TFT monitor ?

:lol: my grandson has got one that failed , ( monitor 3.5 years old ) Ben Q ,

it seemed to have  taken out the AGP card with it ? , changing the vid card and going back to a spare CRT monitor  has got his puter back up and running ,

he phoned me with this ,  "if I shine a torch into the TFT monitor screen , I can just about make out the outline of the desktop icons  ,. and I  need the puter for my school homework ", :2funny:

read for that comment "WOW ",  :lol: ,

any ideas guys , the cheapest 17 inch Tft  in the UK is about  $190 USD ,

$190 bucks for 17in LCD is expensive.

has anyone changed the back light on a TFT monitor ?

No, and your not going to do it. The backlight and panel are 1 part. You can't really pull them apart with out breaking them. And it would cost you more to replace that because you would need the exact same one then it would for a new monitor. 

$190 bucks for 17in LCD is expensive.

No, and your not going to do it. The backlight and panel are 1 part. You can't really pull them apart with out breaking them. And it would cost you more to replace that because you would need the exact same one then it would for a new monitor. 

Thanks on that dlewis , you are absolutely right , I did dismantle it , ( lots of sharp metal edges also , Duh)  well it was dead so nothing lost anyway ( apart from a little blood ), I have ordered a new one from my suppler  (Dabs co.uk )  got it for around $ 140 USD ,

Thanks on that dlewis , you are absolutely right , I did dismantle it , ( lots of sharp metal edges also , Duh)  well it was dead so nothing lost anyway ( apart from a little blood ), I have ordered a new one from my suppler  (Dabs co.uk )  got it for around $ 140 USD ,

Alls well that ends well. But next blood donation you might hook up with a blood donation place instead.  :evil6: What a waste. Not a bad price on the monitor.