Opening a Port for Smartbro users

kenth

Is there a way for us smartbro users to open up a port?

Better question:

How do I access the smartbro router (the one they're using to give us the 192.168.xxx.xxx ip which results in some of us having the same external ip address, frustrating for a downloader) in order to open the port myself?

The only port that fartbro blocks is port 25 for outgoing email, because they want you to use their own smtp mail server. That thing sucks buttermilk, and told me they block port 25 to stop spam relays.. good concept, but that approach is like using a shotgun to kill a mouse. However, there is another port I use so that I can use my own remote pop server (I'm not going to say publicly what it is, you can google it and find one). :angel:

Other than that, I don't know of any specific port they block, unless you are trying to use VPN... in that case you have to do some fancy footwork to set it up because you are in their NAT, like a big internet cafe. :cheesy:

And, no you can't have access to the smartblow NAT router... you're lucky they feature call center agents to offer copious apologies when you call for a problem. So, they can't help you either because they probably think a port is a place that ships come in from the sea  :uglystupid2:

Yeah the NAT thingy. I want to open up a port for those. Smart call center agents... ugh.

Sometimes I just want to slaughter them all  :biggun:

Maybe someone with connections to smartbro can help? (cough... cough... coolbuster cough...)

• CA3LE locked this topic