Firmware upgrade for motorola q9m

keith1178

Hey guys I have a motorola q9m with verizon and I was asking them in the store yesterday about the VZ navigator and they said that I would have to buy a new phone or download the windows mobile 6.1 firmware for my phone to change it to a Q9c...I have tried the motorola website and no luck...if anybody has any knowledge please let me know.

OK guys just have a quick question.....not even sure if you can help but I figure if I put it out there sooner or later somebody will know....I have a Motorola q9m and I upgraded the firmware to windows mobile 6.1 which in turn makes my phone a Motorola q9c according to the phone and my PC when I connect to it.  When I call verizon they still can not activate vz navigator because according to them I still have the q9m....does anybody know any way around this? The only thing I am looking for is to have gps capabilities.

OK guys just have a quick question.....not even sure if you can help but I figure if I put it out there sooner or later somebody will know....I have a Motorola q9m and I upgraded the firmware to windows mobile 6.1 which in turn makes my phone a Motorola q9c according to the phone and my PC when I connect to it.  When I call verizon they still can not activate vz navigator because according to them I still have the q9m....does anybody know any way around this? The only thing I am looking for is to have gps capabilities.

Well I haven't used the Q, but I have used a dozen others, the ROM that you flashed to probably isn't a Verizon Rom, this is the issue, no biggie, I use  many different carrier ROM's myself, I know there's a ROM Kitchen where you can place your own apps in , and make your own custom ROM, there fore putting back in the GPS that was carrier compatible. But it's not something to just play with, it would be something to learn. You could easily brick the phone.

So on the other hand there are a couple different apps for this, I don't know what exactly you want out of a GPS program, but you need to try out googlemaps, if your phone is GPS enabled, and your savvy w/ then you can use it, just brows to "googlemaps" on your mobile device, and download it. There's also a small app which I use in conjunction w/ googlemaps, called  "quick gps " , you'll have to learn how to do this, not something someone is going to explain in one thread at all.