Time warner of old now Windjammer

Gib4500

Our area has been windjammer for a while now buying out time warner here.  My speeds are excellent.  I'm on15mb download and 768 upload package.  The network was running over time warner network for a good while after the sale.  Now they suddenly switched networks and are now running on qwest network here.  I was just wondering how many other people have windjammer now and what speeds do you get with windjammer.  There is no windjammer forum yet so i didn't know where to post this at. 

I'll forward this to the appropriate persons, generally it takes a set number of posts in order to create a new ISP board , my thoughts are it won't be long before this is started. So please, post your speed results from here, and whatever information you can, as you know it, just keep this thread going :)

You'll want to post items such as the general location, what speeds they offer, and the cost, stuff like that .

I have TWC , the former  Adelphia , I noticed 12 months or so ago, there is a hub / whatever, around 1/2 mile from here, I looked into them, then, and if I remember correct, they offered satellite , nothing else. If they offered DSL, I would consider switching if the price was right.

Here is my speedtest from here

I'm on the 15mb download 768 upload turbo package.  It is 54.90 a month.   I think their speed varies by different areas though.  I really like my connection right now.  I'm basically in an area time warner didn't want anymore.  So they sold these areas to a company called windjammer.   The internet is great in this area.  The other option i have is at&t dsl.  The fastest i could get with them is 6mb.  I'm in southeast Ohio close to WV.  This whole side of the river was sold from clarington all the way down to newport ohio. 

Here is some more info on them.

Isp name- Windjammer Communications

isp website- windjammercable.com

Isp location- WINDJAMMER COMMUNICATIONS LLC

4400 PGA BLVD

SUITE 902

PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL 33410

.  :::::::::::::::::.. Download Stats ..:::::::::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 14516 Kbps about 14.5 Mbps (tested with 51195 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1772 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2009/09/26 - 1:09am

Bottom Line:: 253X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.58 sec

Tested from a 51195 kB file and took 28.892 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 263.9 % faster than the average for host (windjammercable.net)

:::::::::::::::::.. Upload Stats ..:::::::::::::::::

Upload Connection is:: 726 Kbps about 0.7 Mbps (tested with 1496 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 89 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/09/26 - 1:12am

Bottom Line:: 13X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 11.51 sec

Tested from a 1496 kB file and took 16.878 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Looks Great : 1.4 % faster than the average for host (windjammercable.net)

I have what Windjammer calls the 10 mb Turbo speed, and it is $59.95 monthly.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 8918 Kbps about 8.9 Mbps (tested with 12288 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1089 kB/s

Test Time:: 2009/09/29 - 6:41pm

Bottom Line:: 156X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.94 sec

Tested from a 12288 kB file and took 11.288 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 120.69 % faster than the average for host (windjammercable.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-MWRJ0PIEO

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 [!]

Yea in our area i think what they basically did is carry over the same speed and price that time warner had on the area.  I'm not sure why the speed is different for the different areas though.  On the website they do advertise it as 10mb.  I guess our area is lucky in that they have kept the same speed time warner had with turbo.